Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Once a candy girl, always a candy girl




I only spent a year and a half with Candy Industry, but I think it's made me a permanent confectionery geek. See, proof right there. Who says 'confectionery' anyway?

Here are a couple shots from an old-fashioned candy shop in Margaret River. A really cool place with a huge selection of lollies (the Aussie equivalent to the American 'candy') and collection of vintage English and Australian advertisements. I don't really get the connection between the two, but the ads certainly give the place a more authentic, old-style feel.

I bought a bag of chocolate-dusted almonds. These were more like 1 part almond, 3 parts milk chocolate. I couldn't finish the bag. The incredibly delicious cocoa-dusted almonds from my Candy Industry visits to L.A. Burdick in New Hampshire and Charles Chocolates in California are still a fresh memory.

A chocolate snob for life.

No comments: