Sunday, November 9, 2008

Stanwell Park, a perfect picture of Aussie beach culture






I can tell it to myself til my face turns blue, but it doesn't make it any more believable: I'm leaving Australia in just over 7 days.

So I'm trying to pack in all the things I've ever wanted to do here. I checked one off my list today, and that was a visit to Stanwell Park.

I've passed through Stanwell Park about a hundred times on train rides to Sydney. It's a cosy seaside town that boasts the single most gorgeous view of the ocean on the South Coast line. I've always wanted to stand on the beach in Stanwell Park, and today I was able to do it.

So here are some photos of my day trip to Stanwell Park. Hopefully you'll get a sense of the laid back, no worries atmosphere. To me, this is my version of iconic Australia.

No comments: