Monday, June 23, 2008

Twilight on Darling Harbour




Since I've been in Australia, I've been lucky to have Jenny around as a roommate and travel partner. But last weekend, I had a rare moment to myself in Sydney's stunning Darling Harbour (ironically enough, I was waiting for Jenny to arrive back from Cairns).

Here are some photos I took of the evening. It was a beautiful Saturday, so the area was bustling with couples going out to dinner, friends grabbing a drink, and folks like me who simply had time to sit on the decks and enjoy the surroundings.

I guess it was one of those moments when I was forced to acknowledge how fortunate I am to be living the way I have been so far...not just since I've been in Oz but everything else that came these 24 years before. While I certainly believe experiences are fulfilling, it's people who truly enrich life.

Funny how it takes being alone half a world away to realize it.

No comments: