Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Flight plan

After scouring the Internet for a somewhat reasonable flight back to the States, I finally found one. Most of the prices ranged between $1,200-1,900--and that's just Sydney to L.A. Thankfully, I accrued enough frequent flier miles on United to get my L.A. to Omaha portion for free.

For $900, I get to fly in four planes and make stops in three countries. By the time I arrive into Omaha, I'll have been in transit for approximately 27 hours. I already feel bad for the poor bastard who has to pick me up from the airport.

Here's the breakdown:
I fly out of Sydney on November 17th at 11:30 am on Air New Zealand.
I make a pit stop in Auckland, New Zealand for a few hours. At 7:15 pm we fly onto L.A.
I arrive into L.A. at 10:25 am on the 17th (Yes, I get to live November 17, 2008, twice. And I'm pretty sure they're both going to equally suck).
Then I switch to United and fly to Denver at 1:30 pm, arriving at 5:50 pm local time.
I then drag myself onto United Airlines flight 448, which arrives into Omaha at 9:19 pm.

So there you have it. Now, I have definite plans to return to the States. But whether I actually get on that plane remains to be seen (only joking, of course...).

2 comments:

Katie said...

The thought of these flights make me sick. But you're a trooper and I'm so glad you'll be back!!!!!
-K to the T

Kelly said...

Haha...yeah I'm going to need a few days to retrieve any signs that I'm a decent human being. I can't wait to see you!