Thursday, July 31, 2008

Photojournalism: Take One




It's amazing how you look at things differently when you're on a photo assignment.

I'm taking photojournalism this term, and today the class was free to roam campus and take shots. I still have a fair bit of work ahead of me, but here's a peek at my go of it.

The first shot is of a tree-lined walkway near the Creative Arts building. I spend most of my time here but have never noticed the beauty it.

The second picture is of a sculpture titled "Prodigal Son." I never even knew this piece existed because it's hidden on the side of a building wall and is partially blocked by palm leaves. It's a shame, really, since the university doesn't display a great deal of art on campus. You'd think they'd provide better placement for a piece like this.

The final one is of a pair of palm tree trunks. My friends liked this one the best--they said it had great "texture." Honestly, though, I like this picture simply because it reminds me that I go to a school with palm trees on campus. Never gets old.

No comments: