Friday, May 2, 2008

Sydney Part Two!







Jenny and I had tickets to see American comedian Arj Barker at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney's Newtown district earlier this week. If the name doesn't sound familiar, he plays "Dave" on Flight of the Conchords. If the name still doesn't ring a bell, then shame on you for disregarding my earlier post. Go out and rent one of his DVDs. You'll thank me.

Anyway, since we had the day off and the show wasn't until 7:30, we decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and explore Sydney before the show.

Here are a few shots from my day:
A couple of seagulls hanging out in Darling Harbour
Luna Park, one of my favorite places in Sydney. I actually haven't been inside yet, but I love the creepy clown facade.
The Real World Sydney house in Darling Harbour
The Australian flag as seen from the ferry as we were sailing under the Harbour Bridge

The comedy show was fantastic. It was nice to hear another American's take on Australian culture. Honestly, I haven't met many Americans since I've been here--tons of Canadians--but no yanks. I really think Americans don't travel to Oz very much, which is unfortunate. It's a cool place.

No comments: